LIKE Us on FaceBook.........http://www.facebook.com/TheCheFit

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Product Review: Kickbutt Amped Energy Ballz

After a race(half-marathon) while I was using some gels and things like that to fuel me during the run I thought that I should try some different types of products and start to write a few reviews on each.

I found these while shopping online for some supplements I needed. The name caught my eye right away. I figured these would get me during a difficult grinding run.

I have to say that the "ballz" have a soft center and are easy to chew, but the flavor is questionable. (3 out of 10) You get a little hint of chocolate that I could describe would taste like a tootsie roll, but once you get past that they are pretty tough to get down. 

Carrying Ability: If you are the type of person that doesn't like the feeling of carrying things, this one might not be for you. They are a little bulky, I don't have a problem carrying items, but with these I had to carry my pouch to hold more than 1 or 2 packs. (3 out of 10)

Does it work: This energy balls are caffeinated and I didn't feel a boost(as a runner I'm looking for a more "sustained energy" feeling). I thought that they were just okay, but I did have to choke them down with some big sips of water.

Overall Thoughts: Kickbutt Amped Energy Ballz left me with something to be desired. If you work well with caffeine these might help, personally I wouldn't recommend them. As a runner they are too tough to be carrying around and if you're in a race they aren't easy to get down if you don't have any water or anything available.





Submitted by Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment