LIKE Us on FaceBook.........http://www.facebook.com/TheCheFit

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monthly Running Update

I wasn't able to get in a Weekly Running Update so I'll just wrap up the month.


For the month of February I was able to get in about 129.5 miles. In the month of January I got in a little over 130 miles and that brings my total for the year to about 260 miles. I haven't lost any weight this year which is my overall goal. I've actually gained about 3-4 pounds since the year started. Hopefully you've read the previous posts and have seen that I have started a dumbbell circuit 3-4 times a week. Overall I've noticed some good muscle growth and tone and I think the weight gain is due to that(at least that's what I'm hoping)


I'm going on my third year of a challenge that I set for myself. It started 2 years ago when I first started running. I told myself I was going to log at least 2 miles walk/jogged/run everyday with no exception. The days part of it is usually anywhere from 45 to 50 days. Sounds relatively easy, but you would be surprised with how many excuses you can come up with to tell yourself that you're busy. Last year I moved up to doing a 5K everyday which is 3.10 miles. This goal was a little ambitious because I don't think my fitness and my lifestyle was there to do it so I ended up walking a lot of the time, but I did complete it. This year I've moved up to doing 4 miles a day, as of today I've completed 8 days in a row and I feel really good. I've actually been averaging almost 6 miles per day so far. I was trying to recruit some of my friends to try it with me, but only one took the bait. This year for the challenge, I think that I am ready. I've changed the way I eat and the way that I fuel my body and that has helped. I also feel like the weights have helped strengthen my core which I can feel the difference on my speed training runs. Overall for the past 6 months I feel like I've lived the healthiest I think that I've ever been.

Submitted by Miles



If you have any questions please feel free to leave it in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment