LIKE Us on FaceBook.........http://www.facebook.com/TheCheFit

Friday, January 25, 2013

Workout: Chest 1

Below is a chest routine that I've found to be good for gains. I'm an ectomorph and my chest doesn't grow easily. I still have a ways to go before I can get it to round out above my collarbone but I feel I'm on my way. The addition of more flys and incline exercises have seemed to help greatly. I really don't like Flat Bench too much and after talking to others I plan to reduce or replace that exercise. In the meanwhile, I try to keep a slightly wider grip during flat bench to hit my pecs more. I have long arms so this may just be a specific issue for me. If you need a chest workout, try this one and leave us feedback. Links to video examples of each exercise are provided at the very bottom of this page too. Good luck!
Tip: Be sure to stretch adequately, especially your rotator cuff. Warm up your chest and arms muscles by lifting light weights (i.e. pressing the barbell only, rotating a 5-10lb plate on each hand, knocking out some push-ups).

Chest #1

SUMMARY
Stretch/Warmup
  1. Incline Dumbbell Press (5 sets)
  2. Standing Cable Fly: Upper & Lower (3 sets each)
  3. Flat Bench Press (4 sets)
  4. Incline Dumbbell Fly (5 sets)
  5. Decline Bench Press (5 sets)
  6. Dips into Push-Ups Superset (Failure)

Examples

  1. Incline Dumbbell Press: Click For Video Example
  2. Standing Cable Fly (Lower): Click For Video Example
    Standing Cable Fly (Upper): Click For Video Example
  3. Flat Bench Press: Click For Video Example
  4. Incline Dumbbell Fly: Click For Video Example
  5. Decline Bench Press: Click For Video Example
  6. Dips: Click For Video Example
    Push-Ups: Click For Video Example
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment